in GL 835 (MMC) and LIB 210 (BBC)
GL 835 (MMC) and LIB 210 (BBC)
Welcome to APA!
One of the main goals of the Office of Academic Planning and Accountability is to support academic and administrative units at FIU in establishing best practices in assessment.
We strive to promote quality education by serving as a resource to help faculty and staff engage in assessment activities. Our areas of expertise include:
- Assessment and research methods
- Survey construction
To foster a culture of continuous improvement that will help facilitate and enhance student learning, our team offers the following types of services and support:
- Developing effective outcomes, assessment methods, and improvement strategies
- Collaborating with faculty, administrators, and staff members to produce manageable, sustainable, and meaningful assessment plans and reports
- Supporting strategic planning and decision making processes for best assessment practices
- Developing and disseminating assessment-related resources
- Facilitating and implementing professional development opportunities related to assessment
- Documenting assessment practices in the university
- Reviewing and providing feedback for assessment plans and results
Our team is available to answer questions and assist you in all your assessment needs. In this section of APA's website you will find a variety of assessment resources. We invite you to browse through our newsletters, resources, frequently asked questions (FAQs), our upcoming handbook, and current events sponsored by our team.